20 Photo Composition Techniques to Improve Photography Skills
1. Rule of Third Photo Composition
Rule of Third is one of the most basic photo compositions and must be known by photographers.
You can simply divide the photo field into 9 equal size boxes and place POI (point of interest) on a point or line in a field divided into 3 x 3.
Interesting points (IP) have 4 points, while Interesting Lines consist of 2 horizontal lines and 2 vertical lines.
Point of Interest placed on the four points or lines above can be objects or parts of the eye of your object.
Many digital cameras today have provided these rules of third (grid) features, either on the live view mode screen or in the view finder.
2. Composition of Golden Shape Photos
The composition of Golden Shape is the composition of a photo by dividing a photo field either with a real line or a virtual edge into a positive negative so that it looks like there is a contrast between the two fields to form a harmonious whole.
The principle of Golden Shape »by dividing the positive-negative plane properly and balanced, the photo will appear to be well composed.
3. Composition of Symmetrical Photos (Centred Composition)
This photo composition places the object and divides the photo field equally flat right and left so that it looks symmetrical.
4. Composition of Photo Repetition and Pattern
Instinctively, humans are very interested in harmonious patterns or patterns. This is why photos with patterned or repetitive compositions can be a good photo work.
A pattern (pattern) and repetition (repetition) can be obtained by choosing the right photo angle and choosing the distance between the lens and objects in such a way.
5. Perspective Photo Composition
Perspective is a technique of shooting by utilizing the far-reaching effects produced by the lens giving rise to a very charming dimension.
The principle in the composition of Perspective is to utilize the effects of proportions and dimensions generated to strengthen and direct our eyes to the POI or display a stand-alone perspective as a form of the beauty of composition.
You can get this by setting the right angle and distance so you can get dimensional photos.
Separation is a composition of photos where there is a very contrasting difference between the object and the background.
14. Motion Blur Photo Composition
Motion blur is a composition element that shows the movement of objects in either the background or foreground or even both.
15. Composition of Noise Photos
Noise on the photo is the appearance of spots or grain on photos resulting from imperfections in the workings of camera sensors due to lack of light.
16. Composition of Photo Filling Frames (Fill the Frame)
As the name implies, to get this composition technique, fill your photo frames with objects.
Draw close to objects and take from certain angles to get creative and interesting photos.
17. Composition of Texture Photos (Texture) Texture is a photo composition that displays the texture of the object being photographed. With the texture, the details of the object will be more visible especially if aided by good lighting. 18. Color Composition (Color) The composition of colors or colors can represent emotions, atmosphere, mood and messages that the photographer wants to convey. 19. Rule of Odds This Rule of Odds composition is rather interesting … This theory says that a photo will look interesting if there is an odd object or a “disturbance” in the photo. With the presence of an odd element that is disturbing, it makes the photo connoisseurs feel “unsure” which one should be the center of attention of the photo. 20. Isolation of Objects (Depth of Field) The composition isolates the object by making the background part blur usually used for photographing humans or portaiture or any object that aims to make photo lovers only focus on the highlighted object.