Spread the love
Science About Broadcasting
Broadcasting, or radio and television broadcasting is a mass media, a tool used to communicate with people. Distribution of radio (audio) and television programs (video) is delivered with transmission to the listener and audience. After Soeharto’s leadership, the number of radio and television stations has grown so rapidly that many of these two media workers have not received broadcasting skills.
There are a lot of skills needed to run a radio station let alone television. Some of the most popular professions are radio broadcasters, television presenters and producers. The rest may still be very rare we hear while we study, it’s good to get closer to various businesses. Radio and television, especially in need of people who are creative, innovative and productive.
As we know, media is a ‘tool’ that connects us to the outside world. Without media, we will be hard to know what is going on around us. Therefore it can be said that the media is the main source of information for all people in the world.
Media can be classified into three by type, ie print media consisting of newspapers, magazines, etc., electronic media consists of television and radio, and that is still not clear the status of online media with internet devices.
Online media is also often called ‘sissy media’ because its function can be classified into two previous media, print and electronic.
These three types of media also have their shortcomings and advantages based on speed, production cost, news acumen, etc. The advantages and disadvantages of these three media are:
⦁ Repeatable, can be read many times by storing it or mengklipingnya.
⦁ Sharp analysis, can make people really understand the content of the news with a more in-depth analysis and can make people think more specific about the content of writing.
⦁ Slow, in terms of print media time is too late because the print media can not spread the news directly to the public and have to wait down print. Print media often contains only news that has been disseminated by other media.
⦁ The absence of audio, print media only in the form of writing that of course can not be heard.
⦁ Visual limited, print media can only provide a visual image that represents the entire contents of the news.
⦁ Production, production costs are quite expensive because the print media should print and send it before it can be enjoyed by the community.
⦁ Quickly, in terms of time, electronic media is quite fast in spreading the word to the public.
⦁ There is audio visual, electronic media has audio visuals that make it easy for the audience to understand the news (television only)
⦁ Reachable widely, electronic media reaches the public at large.
⦁ No repetition, electronic media can not repeat what has been shown.
⦁ Very quickly, in terms of time online media is very fast in delivering the news.
⦁ Audio Visual, online media also have audio visual by streaming.
⦁ Practical and Flexible, online media can be accessed from anywhere and anytime we want.
⦁ Not always appropriate, because prioritizing the speed of news that is published in online media is usually not as accurate as other media.
⦁ Not widely accessible. Not all levels of society can enjoy online media services
⦁ Seeing the advantages and disadvantages of the three media above, online media have advantages in terms of speed. The speed can beat both other media because the audience now prefers the speed and ease of accessing information, and it is owned by online media.
Seeing this, online media prospects will be excellent and can beat both other types of media. Especially if the entire world can access the internet easily, automatic online media will be more often used by the audience than the other two types of media.The problem faced is, currently the online media can not reach all levels of society. Only certain circles who can access information through this online media. Perhaps it is now more advanced because the underclass community that has been a minority community of online media access, the number has increased. But there are still other obstacles, namely the limitations of their Human Resources, which can only access some small information or just chat and open social networking sites.
Getting to Know the Radio
Radio is a technology used for sending signals by means of modulation and electromagnetic wave radiation. Modulation is a process of changing a periodic wave, usually low-frequency, thus making a signal capable of carrying an information. Electromagnetic radiation is a combination of electric fields and magnetic fields that travel through the air space and carry energy.
Radio broadcasts have special characteristics or characteristics that need to be understood, such as just presenting sounds, can build imaginary power, and the main seed is fast right then (real time) .. because by learning and mastering the knowledge of radio characteristics this radio program can be developed maximally.
The important characteristics of Radio Broadcasts are:
-Auditive (ear consumption)
-The Theater of The Mind (media of imagination)
-At Once (fast / immediately / instantly)
-Heard Once (heard a cursory)
-Personal / familiar / individual
-Secondary Medium (friend in activity).
– Penetrate space and time
– Cheap / cheap
-Mobile (easy to carry / move)
-Local (proximity factor)
-Media Massa / speaks to millions.
Stages of Television Production
Television as an electronic media is the most widely used media by the public in obtaining information. In addition to the information displayed in the form of audio visual, television can display information simultaneously. In addition television can reach many people because to be able to enjoy television shows, people do not need to spend too much. Thus a television program will continue to run depending on the response from the community. In order for a television program to reach the desired target audience, it must be done several stages of television production before we make a television program.
Here are the stages of television production:
1. Make the purpose of production, is the most important part in the production stage. We must make clear goals and objectives because with that purpose the production stage will run smoothly. If that goal is not achieved, then we can evaluate how the right purpose for an event can be produced properly. The purpose of production can be for information, education, and others. In fact, the main purpose of the production of a program is to attract viewers so that it will influence the success or failure of a program production.
2. Analyzing the target audience, before carrying out the production, all we have to do is analyze the target audience both from the psychographic, the demographic, the geographical, etc. so there will be no “wrong address” in making a program. Programs targeted to parents, pack the program to be interesting to watch by parents. Do not let even the kids enjoy so that what happens is bored viewers and viewers who are not targeted will be affected by “Syndrome Television”.
3. Look again at a similar program that already existed, In producing a program, let us look back to whether similar programs already exist or we have made before. If the program ever made it fails, then create a new program. Errors that occur in the previous program will make this new program different because all have been evaluated. Change is important. In this case it concerns the concept, artist’s support, location, and time.
4. Membuat proposal program, Make a proposal program is the stage where the concepts that have been carefully thought to be translated to paper. In preparing this proposal there are several more steps that must be passed. The first is to make a treatment and explain the details of the intent of the program. Once that part is done, then make the whole program script. In this case analyze and evaluate the program design, which will be approved or rejected into program design.
5. Making Schedule / Schedule Schedule, Event schedule settings are not done without planning and evaluation afterwards. There is a process traversed so that the impressions can be routinely done television stations. Which set it all done in one department ie Programming Departement. In TV Programming will be included:
· Program Orientation
· Program Policies
· Program Strategy
· Event Sources
· Pattern Event
· Event Criteria
· Program Development
To run the 7 aspects above, programming has to have a strategy that is: Counter Programming, Block Programming, Hammock, Tentoling, and Stunting.
6. Choosing location, If production in the studio is not sufficient, you must decide the location outside. The person assigned to survey and coordinate the location is called location scout or location manager.
7. Choosing the cast and the equipment, Here you decide who will play the characters in your production exhibition directly offer to the famous person / can also through the selection process (casting). This can also be done long before the production takes place. This can be used as a proposal material. The person who stuffs the costume stuff and equipment is called Set Designer. He wants to see the script then do the research and then clarify with the director, after the deed above. Set Designer can also as Designer on computer process if production it require.
8. Starting training and shooting, depending on what kind of event. Exercise or called gladiresik can be done at the time before the main event is done or in shooting it. Production of events that use live on tape system must do gladiresik because later there will be special exercises for movement, camera, property, and others that can not be re-recorded. Changed with drama production that can take pictures repeatedly because it is helped by editing technology.
9. Pasca Production, After all production is completed, then follow up our production results. Television broadcasting has a rating. In the television institution, the event will be evaluated, try / responded by the informants.